On the 18th October, we hosted our annual Connecting over Fair Food Event. With the recent years being affected by Covid, we were over the moon that our event was able to go ahead in person this year.
Altogether, a great success!
A time of purpose, sharing resources and expertise to provide meaningful community outcomes that are more effective, efficient, and sustainable than could be achieved by any of us stakeholders working alone.
We would like to thank our long standing partners:
- Kiama Municipal Council
- Shellharbour Council,
- University of Wollongong
- Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District, &
- Healthy cities Illawarra
It also wouldn’t have had the same feel without:
- The amazing array of local initiatives and stallholders,
- Our fantastic MC’s & speakers: Fiona Weir Walmsley, Adam Walmsley, Clarence Slockee, Rod Logan, Sheryl Wiffen & Ash Castro
- Nina Cantina’s delightful local dinner boxes & of course the local producers that contributed to them.
- Glenbernie Orchard’s crisp ciders
- The Sustainable Business Research Centre generously allowing us to use this innovative and beautiful space, and;
- Our team of amazing volunteers!
A bustling crop swap
The table of fresh produce was overflowing. There was an abundance of variety, from fresh eggs, dried seeds, chilli jam and fresh herbs. Even edible flowers were brought to the crop swap to be shared around and enjoyed by numerous people.