- This event has passed.
URBAN AGRICULTURE MONTH: Green Connect Workshop: Grow your Own Veges & Herbs
10 April 2021 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Green Connect Farm
11-13 Weringa Ave
Warrawong, NSW 2502 Australia
This step-by-step workshop ensures everyone leaves with the knowledge and skills to grow an edible garden on a balcony, in a backyard or over a whole property.
Come along and learn the following:
- Understanding how vegetables and herbs grow
- Helping vegetables and herbs to grow without chemicals
- Tools and techniques used to produce vegetables and herbs
- Building healthy soils through composting, no-dig gardening, and other soil preparation techniques
- Designing crop rotation plans, and planting plans
- Transplanting and direct seeding of vegetables
- Managing weeds, pests and diseases that impact on your veggies
- Fertilising, irrigating, and harvesting practices
- Morning tea and lunch
- A veggie garden starter kit of seedlings
- A tour of Green Connect’s award winning urban farm
URBAN AGRICULTURE MONTH
Urban Agriculture Month (UAM) is co-ordinated yearly by Sustain: The Australian Food Network, a think and do network connecting passionate people like you to build tangible change. Urban Agriculture Month encourages enthusiastic gardeners, activisits, farmers, researchers and consumers from around Australia come together to celebrate and promote urban agriculture as an important part of community resilience and well-being. Click here for more information
As part of Urban Agriculture Month 2021, Food Fairness Illawarra is coordinating a range of open gardens and garden tours of urban farms and gardens across the Illawarra.